A Galera Replication cluster can be configured using the Severalnines Configurator: http://www.severalnines.com/galera-configurator/
The wizard collects some high level data (e.g. IP addresses of machines, size of database, amount of RAM in machines, type of database workload, etc.). The application then generates the configuration of the Galera Replication cluster. At the end, a deployment package is automatically generated and emailed to the user.
The deployment package automates a number of tasks:
- copy and install binaries (including Galera plugin) on all servers
- create datadirs
- create OS user
- create the mysql user for MySQL Servers
- install system tables
- set permissions for MySQL
- enables the Galera service
- install ClusterControl™ on all hosts to monitor and manage the cluster
At the end, it has a verification phase that verifies whether the cluster has been properly set up. The Galera Replication cluster is now deployed.
Please sign in to leave a comment.