Galera Replication has a number of benefits:
- A high availability solution with synchronous replication, failover and resynchronization
- No loss of data
- All servers have up-to-date data (no slave lag)
- Read scalability
- ‘Pretty good’ write scalability
- High availability across data centers
Like any solution, there are some limitations:
- It supports only InnoDB
- With increasing number of writeable masters, the transaction rollback rate may increase, especially if there is write contention on the same dataset. This increases transaction latency.
- It is possible for a slow/overloaded master node to affect performance of the Galera Replication cluster, therefore it is recommended to have uniform servers across the cluster.
Please sign in to leave a comment.