Came across an issue regarding not being able to contact my own RPC endpoint. It suggested that i check the rpc_key settings in /etc/cmon.conf which were fine and matched the api key
Here is how I fixed it:
Check cmon_*.log for error relating to the hostname of your cluster control resolving to 127.0.0.1
cat /var/log/cmon_* | grep -iP 'error(.*)127.0.0.1'
If you see any errors listed you have an /etc/hosts entry which is most likely overriding your DNS A record for cluster control
Remove the following from /etc/hosts where your.hostname.com is the cluster control hostname fqdn
Add the following to /etc/hosts where x.x.x.x is the public IP of cluster control's panel, your.hostname.com is the cluster control hostname fqdn
echo "x.x.x.x your.hostname.com" >> /etc/hosts
Add the following to the top of /etc/default/cmon
Full /etc/default/cmon should look something like this
# New events client http callback as of v1.4.2!
service cmon restart
Please sign in to leave a comment.